Eyelash extensions . What is it?
Eyelash extensions are a popular cosmetic procedure for lengthening and increasing the volume of natural eyelashes by gluing synthetic hairs with special glue.
The length of the extended eyelashes varies from 6 to 16 mm but as long as possible (up to 21 mm) can be used for fantasy images. The master selects the length depending on the individual characteristics and the wishes of the client. You can increase the eyelashes of different lengths, thickness, bending and colors.
The session lasts from 2 to 3,5 hours.
Duration: 4-6 weeks. The term depends on the adhesive, the particular care after the procedure, the degree of oily skin of the client and many other factors.
Kinds of eyelash extensions.
Just know that all eyelashes for building are made of synthetic fiber and not of "mink", "silk", etc. Natural fur eyelashes have recently appeared on the market but their appearance is very different from the ideal synthetic eyelashes and they can also cause allergies.
Eyelashes have parameters such as length, thickness and bending.
The length is from 7 to 15 mm and the thickness from 0.05 to 0.20 is selected based on the size of the natural eyelashes, the main thing for safe building, so that the mass of the artificial eyelash doesn't exceed the natural one more than twice.
But the bend stylist selects the shape of your eyes and your wishes.
The most popular bends:
C - smooth bend close to natural but still more curled than native eyelashes. Suitable for creating a natural effect but if your eyelashes are straight or down then the C bend will be invisible.
D - very twisted cilia, strong curl. Suitable for straight lashes to reveal the look and achieve a more noticeable effect.
L - almost straight cilia with a sharp bend at the base. This type of eyelashes is great for Asian eyes and the impending century.
For extension both classic black eyelashes and brown are used. Brown and dark chocolate eyelashes are perfect for blondes making the extension more natural.
There are also colored eyelashes with which you can create a bright and unusual image.
In addition to these parameters you can choose the capacity of the extension (“Natural", "Classic", "Volume", "Mega Volume") and the effect: natural, doll, fox, squirrel.
It’s easy to get confused in so many characteristics so I’m always ready to answer your questions and find the right bend and color of your eyelashes.
And if you have already increased my cilia then you don't need to remember all these parameters because I store this data in my database.
Is eyelash extension harmful?
Glue and cilia undergo a special dermatological and ophthalmological control and the risk of any harm is minimized, but sometimes there is a so-called individual intolerance to certain components. This doesn't mean that all allergy sufferers should categorically reject eyelash extensions; one should initially try to glue on two or three artificial eyelashes to make sure that the glue doesn't cause reddening and irritation. There is also a hypoallergenic adhesive for highly sensitive eyes. Cilia are made from monofilament, that is from non-natural material specially treated (this is NOT someone else's human hair and animal fur). Thus the cilia themselves can't cause an allergic reaction.
No harm to your native cilia is also done since artificial hairs being glued to natural fall out with them when the lifespan of natural cilia ends.
The only thing that can really harm a natural eyelash is unprofessional gluing. Sometimes artificial cilia is glued not to one, but to several natural ones at once. In this case your eyelash will “grab” two more after it drops out. Therefore this procedure should be trusted only by professionals.
Signs of failed eyelash extensions.
If eyelash extensions are done well the eyelashes look beautiful, neat, all eyelashes “look” in one direction, their length is comfortable and the glue is invisible. If the eyelashes look tangled there are excess glue on the eyelids and also the eyelids constantly stick together or conversely it is difficult to close your eyes the work is unsuccessful and the cilia need to be removed.
- Cilia can not be combed with a special brush after returning from Lesh stylist? It's time to change a specialist !!!!
Difficult brushing becomes a result of gluing. Gluing is a few eyelashes, glued together with glue. Moreover not only the extended eyelashes are glued together. Remember that with a high-quality eyelash extensions each unit is autonomous (located separately). This allows lashes to fall out without affecting the rest. To preserve the shape it is recommended to comb it daily in the morning after washing (Dry eyelashes only).
- If the cilia after 3-4 weeks do not fall out this is not a reason for joy but a sign of poor quality eyelash extensions. This method of extension is called monolithic and involves the use of a large amount of glue, which leads to the gluing of eyelashes among themselves and with the eyelid.
Since after 3-4 weeks a retouch of the extended eyelashes is expected by this time 30-50% of artificial cilia normally remain. Their loss occurs gradually as you update your own.
- If after a trip to the master discomfort arises the pricking of the century then most likely poor eyelash extension was done. Unpleasant sensations occur as a result of violations of the building technique, non-compliance with the indentation of the eyelid (its optimal value is 0.5-1 mm). Also as a result of the non-professional work of a lash stylist chunks of glue are felt on the eyelid. If you find such it is recommended to immediately remove the "beauty." Perfectly made cilia are not felt by the hostess. They should be light, flexible, confused and glue should not be noticeable in the century.
- Gluing. This happens when the master does not dry out the glue on the newly grown eyelash and proceeds to the next. Then the adjacent eyelashes in contact with the accrued stick to it. This may not be noticeable but if the growth phases of glued cilia are different, then over time it may begin to interfere strongly.
Do I need to somehow prepare for the procedure?
Special training procedure eyelash doesn't require. There are only few recommendations:
- before building it is advisable not to use mascara because it will have to be washed off and this will take time. But if you still came to the procedure with makeup eyelashes you must wash them very thoroughly, since the remnants of mascara can provoke peeling of artificial eyelashes from natural ones;
- it is recommended to paint the eyelashes with paint for at least one week, otherwise a thin film remaining after coloring will not allow to carry out the eyelash extension procedure qualitatively;
- the procedure for the care of eyelashes with the help of oils must be stopped for 3-4 days before the time of extension;
- eye diseases (conjunctivitis, barley, etc.), if any should be treated before the procedure of building;
What are eyelashes made of?
✅ What are artificial eyelashes made of and how safe is this material? 🤨🤔
ℹ Surely everyone already knows that lashes are made of silk🧵, natural mink fur, sable🐺🦊🦝 or moreover human hair 💇♀️ are not used, these are just names that were invented by lash stylists and beauty salons in order to distinguish thickness and other characteristics artificial material and also attract more customers🙈💁🏻♀️.
⛔ Girls! Do not trust masters who claim to work with natural mink lashes 🤦🏻♀️. These masters are not just not professionals but also fraudsters who overestimate prices by three times for non-existent materials🔝💰😤.
📌 Eyelash extensions using Japanese technology 👁 is a long-term build-up for a month or more (if properly cared for and treated with care), therefore materials for it should be as hypoallergenic as possible. Given that animal hair allergy is often 🦡🤧, the use of this material for building is not desirable.
☝🏻 Natural materials are possible for the catwalk options, for photo shoots, that is to put on false eyelashes for the evening and immediately remove them.
✅ Artificial eyelashes are made of hypoallergenic monofilament, most similar to natural hair.
🌟Today, professional brands produce the most soft, elastic, thin and light eyelashes.
➕ High-quality synthetic fiber allows you to create perfect eyelashes with the same bend, length and thickness.
🥰 This eyelashes do not cause allergies, do not irritate the mucous eyes and are completely safe for customers 🤗 ♥ ️🌺
Is it possible to increase eyelashes for those who wear contact lenses?
Those who wear contact lenses there are no medical contraindications to the use of eyelash extensions. During the procedure it is desirable to remove the lenses first not forgetting to take a special container with you. But if you stay in the lenses, nothing terrible will happen and will not affect the procedure. Eyelash extensions are contraindicated for those who often suffer from colds and chronic eye diseases (conjunctivitis, blepharitis).
Is it possible to make eyelash extensions on their own?
Not. Only a professional artist can provide the proper capacity. Eyelashes that are enlarged by themselves or by an unprofessional master can cause eye inflammation, gluing of eyelashes and their unnatural appearance, as well as damage to native hairs.
How many eyelashes stick to one eye?
The number of eyelash extensions directly depends on the number of your own (the more yours the more it turns out and the extensions) and ranges from 60 to 250 pieces per eye. It is worth considering the fact that they don't glue artificial eyelashes on their ones that are in the growth stage and on eyelashes that are “knocked out” from the general row, located with a sharp slope down, sideways or grow above most of the eyelashes.
Is it possible to curl extended eyelashes?
Not. They can't be curled neither mechanically nor chemically because the glue bow can be broken off due to the impact. In addition eyelash extensions already have a bend.
How long do extended eyelashes last?
Eyelashes last about 3-6 weeks. It should be borne in mind that the term of wearing cilia is individual. After 2-4 weeks new cilia already grow and the "old" gradually fall out (remember that the eyelash growth cycle is several months - during this time the eyelash grows and falls, and a new one soon begins to grow at this place).
Is it possible to dye eyelashes with mascara?
After the eyelash extension procedure the need for tinting will disappear by itself. You will look great without the mascara! Your cilia will become as longer, blacker, thicker and curled as much as you want.
But if you still have a desire to make up the eyelashes with mascara then you can do it but in no case should you use waterproof mascara and mascara on an oil basis (which comes off lumps)!
Mascara should be water based and easily soluble in water. Apply mascara only to the tips of your eyelashes. Make-up should be removed as a tool that does not contain oil (micellar water) water-based. Two-phase products and make-up remover milk are not suitable.
Is it possible with eyelashes to play sports, swim, sunbathe?
You can do whatever you want. Swim in the pool, steam in the bath, you can sunbathe. You just need to remember - the less physical impact on them the longer they will last.
How is the eyelash extension procedure?
1. To each client - an individual approach. Before the procedure the eyelash stylist shows you the cilia, photos, selects the appropriate volume, length, thickness and bending of the eyelashes. Selects the option that is right for you based on your preferences and characteristics of your eyelashes, eyes, face and image as a whole.
2. You lie down on the couch. A soft hydrogel pad (patch) separating the upper and lower eyelashes is glued on the lower eyelid.
3. Eyelashes degreased with a special compound. Primer applied.
4. After that the artist proceeds to build. On each eyelash one artificial eyelash is built up. With a volume extension a bundle (2, 3 and more) of artificial eyelashes is built up on each native eyelash, which the stylist manually creates using a special technology. Not to be confused with the gluing of finished bundles, which some "masters" give out for eyelashes!
5. After the procedure you can do anything with your eyelashes: swim, sunbathe, use cosmetics. The main thing is to avoid mechanical impact (don't rub or twist) and then your eyelashes will delight you for up to 4-6 weeks
How to care for extended eyelashes?
- Within 24 hours after the build-up avoid direct eyelash contact with water, do not visit the sauna, solarium and any procedures related to humidity and high temperature.
- Do not rub your eyes and do not touch the eyelashes with your hands try not to sleep with your face in the pillow.
- Do not try to remove the extended eyelashes yourself.
- Use a special brush for combing eyelashes.
- Do not use fatty creams and oil-based cosmetics or make sure that they do not fall on the eyelashes.
- Wash with water based products that do not contain oily substances.
- Do not use cotton pads and other fibrous materials, they can exfoliate on the eyelashes and they will be very difficult to remove, they can cause irritation.
- Do not use tools for curling eyelashes.
- Do not use mascara. The exception is a specially developed water-based mascara which is applied only from the middle of the eyelashes to their tips.
- Avoid getting any acidic substances on the eyelashes.
- When removing makeup along the lash line, use a cotton swab.
- Make a retouch every two to three weeks. Ideally, do a retransmission (new build) every month.
How often do you need to make a refill and what is it?
Having the eyelash expressions for some time you yourself will understand it. As soon as you want to return the original volume go for a refill. Usually it is made up to 3 weeks (on average 2-2.5 weeks). The retouch removes some of the old extended cilia (which are strongly grown, turned over, if any) and new ones are added to those of their own that have grown over this period.
Usually for retouch come with 40-60% of the eyelashes from the original extension. Each eyelash like hair has its own cycle of life and depending on how they are updated you need to make a refill.
I recommend not making refills once every 2-3 weeks, but removing the remains and building new eyelashes once every 1-1.5 months, then the cilia will look more beautiful and well-groomed and will last longer than after a simple correction.
How to remove the extended eyelashes?
You need to come to your eyelash stylist to remove the lashes.
Eyelashes are removed by a special cosmetic REMOVER (gel, cream or liquid). The procedure for removing eyelashes is absolutely harmless and painless, it is performed in a rather short period of time (15-20 minutes).
Eyelash extensions during pregnancy.
Qualitatively executed eyelash extension is absolutely safe for the future mother and baby. Eyelashes can be extended at any stage of pregnancy if there is no toxicosis and other complications.
However it should be noted that the procedure takes 2-3 hours in the supine position and in late pregnancy can be hard to lie for so long.
Features eyelash extensions during pregnancy.
In addition to the fact that you have to lie down for a long time you need to take into account the changing hormones. Any changes in the hormonal background associated with the work of the thyroid gland, women's period or pregnancy can lead to the fact that the extended eyelashes will not hold. This does not mean that it is impossible to increase eyelashes during pregnancy, but it is likely that they will crumble or the period of wear will be significantly less. This body reaction is individual and does not always happen.
How to care for your cilia after removing the eyelash extensions?
The term of permissible continuous wearing of artificial cilia is 1 year (someone may have less, someone more, it depends on your physiological characteristics of the body). After one year you need to give your cilia a break of 1 month and at this time remove them.
You can restore and strengthen your eyelashes:
- taking complex vitamins (for the growth of nails, hair and eyelashes)
- at night and / or in the morning you can apply eyelashes with a brush with castor or burr oil
And do not worry, after building up you will by no means be left without your cilia because they are constantly updated.